CITY TOUR IN YEREVAN
The Capital of Republic of Armenia, Yerevan is the largest and most populated city of the country. The history of Yerevan is connected with the Erebouni fortress of Urartu. Residents of Yerevan will celebrate the 2800th anniversary of Yerevan, meaning that the city was built earlier than Rome. The most important museums of the country such as the History Museum, National Gallery and Matenadaran are located in Yerevan. The current city layout was approved by Alexander Tamanyan in 1924. First of all, Yerevan attracts the tourists with the warm atmosphere it has. You can just have a walk in the Yerevan evening streets, enjoy the breath of the historic city and the warmth of Armenians.
- 10:00 We suggest to start the tour from the place the history of the city starts: the castle of Erebouni and the museum near it.
- 11:30 Walk nearby the main station. The building of the station and the statue of Sasuntsi Davit are famous to be one of the best samples of Armenian architecture.
- 12:00 Walk through the Republic Square. The History Museum is situated there.
- 12:30 A visit to the History Museum.
- 14:00 Lunch according to the prior order.
- 15:00 Visit to a legendary Armenian brandy factory where you can taste the best samples of Armenian brandy and get acquainted with their history.
- 16:15 Visit to the famous Armenian director and painter Sergei Parajanov's house museum.
- 17:00 Visit to the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute and the Memorial to the Armenian Genocide victims: Tsitsernakaberd.
- 18:00 Leisure time
- 20:00 Dinner according to the prior order
21:30 Evening walk in Yerevan