TOUR TO GARNI GEGHARD
This tour is one of the most famous ones in Armenia. If you have 2 days in Armenia and have spent one in Yerevan, then we would advise you to visit Garni and Geghard the next. One reason for this is that these 2 monuments are located 30-40 km away from Yerevan. Besides, you will have the chance to see one of the architectural masterpieces built during the pre-Christian era.
- 10:00 Departure from Yerevan
- 11:00 Pagan temple - Garni. It is the only pillar preserved after the pagan period. It was dedicated to the God of the Sun, Mihr and was serving the kings as a summer residence.
- 12:00 A short walk to Garni Canyon, where you can see the Symphony of Stones Symphony. Hexagonal stones are up above the whole gorge.
- 14:00 Lavash preparing ritual in Garni
- 15:00 Free time for dinner
16:00 Geghard Monastery Complex. The Monastery was also named as cave monastery. Geghard is one of the well-preserved masterpieces of Armenian architecture.