TOUR TO NORAVANK
Noravank is famous to be one of the most significant cultural heritages of medieval Armenia. Being located in the cliffs of Vayots Dzor, the monastery reached to our days almost the same as it was built. Noravank is distinguished because of several features it has. One of those distinguishing features is that it was used to be the family cemetery for the Orbelyan dynasty, though there was no such a tradition of burying people in the church in Armenian church building. Another feature is that the Face of the Father God was carved here by a very famous medieval painter and sculptor Momik.
- 09:00 Departure from Yerevan
- 10:00 Stop at Khot Virap, which tends to be the primary source of the Christianity spreading in Armenia
- 12:00 Stop at Areni Wine Factory. Areni is historically considered to be the center of Armenian winemaking. 5000-year-old wine making technology discovered recently is the vivid evidence of the before mentioned.
- 12:30 Free time for dinner.
- 13:00 Cave of Birds, where the 5000-year-old wine production technology is located.
- 14:00 Noravank
- 23:00 Arrival to Yerevan